Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Day of School - and the bus!

Again, Owen has been in preschool for a few months now, but I need to post the memories! Here is a picture of him with his new school clothes and his "pack-pack." He looks so grown up to me with the pack-pack on, it's weird!

He goes to a preschool at an elementary school a few miles away, so a school bus picks him up right at our doorstep. Honestly, I wasn't wild about it and thought I would just drive him, but he wanted to ride the bus so bad, I caved. The first day it picked him up, he looked so tiny trying to go up those big steps. The bus driver greeted him by name and the teacher's aide showed him to his seat and buckled him in. I waved goodbye and that was it! I lost it! I came inside and just cried myself silly. Jesse held me and just let me cry. I kept saying over and over that I thought I would have a little more time before things like this. He just smiled at me. Then I started laughing at myself for crying. I told Jesse, "What's wrong with me? I usually make fun of moms that do this!" and then we both had a good laugh.

At the end of the day, Owen came home just fine and loves riding the school bus. Some days that's all he talks about. He feels like such a big kid.

No comments: